Installing BERNINA DesignWorks Software for the First Time
Description:This article contains the latest BERNINA DesignWorks V7570 software package, consisting of CutWork, PaintWork and CrystalWork. It is Windows®10-compatible and includes a new aurora driver.
If you see a CBU Failure message when trying to open your software, you can often solve this by installing this latest V7570 version.
Requirements for installation:
- Your computer runs on Windows® 10, Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Windows Vista™ SP1 (SP2) or Windows® XP SP2 (SP3)
- All applications are closed
- You have Administrator rights for your computer
- Disable your firewall, Windows Defender and any antivirus software that is running on the computer
- Make sure the computer is on the internet, this is required for the initial activation of the dongle
- Insert the dongle into a powered USB port on the computer itself (and not into a USB hub)
Installing the software:
- Download DesignWorks V7570 from the link at the bottom of this article
- Save it in your Downloads folder or on your desktop
- Right-click the downloaded folder and select Extract All
- Once the folder has been extracted, double-click on it to open it
- Right-click on the .exe file and select Run As Administrator
- Follow all prompts to ALLOW the software to install
- When prompted, enter the 16-digit activation codes for each of the modules you purchased (CutWork, PaintWork and/or CrystalWork) (see image below)
- Click Upgrade and you should receive a message that the key was successfully activated
- Restart the computer with the dongle still plugged in
- When the computer has completely booted back up again, you will be able to open the DesignWorks software
Dongle Driver Windows 8.0/8.1:
If you are running DesignWorks on Windows 8.0/8.1/10, you may need to install the latest dongle driver from Marx (the manufacturer of the dongle). Click HERE to download the DONGLE DRIVER.
Downloads and other information: