How to uninstall Version 6
Click the Windows Start button, then select Control Panel.
Select Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program.
Select each of the following then click on Uninstall:
- Bernina Embroidery Software
- Bernina Universal Communication Server
- Corel Draw (V6 and V7 ONLY) there are 3 of them you need to check
Reboot your computer, this is very important!
Install Version 6 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- Installation instructions can be found in Chapter 2 of the "QuickStartGuide.pdf" located on the V6 installation disk.
- Disable your firewall and any anti-virus software that may be running
- Insert your V6 dongle
- Download the latest dongle driver file below: http://www.bernina.com/en-US/Support-US/Software/Embroidery-Software/Dongle-Driver
- Unzip the downloaded dongle driver, and install it by clicking on the .EXE file from the folder you just unzipped. Make sure to have the dongle connected during this process.
- Insert your Version 6 DVD and proceed with installing the software.
- Depending on how old your installation disk is, you may see a warning message about compatibility issues due to ActiveSync. ActiveSync was a protocol for Windows XP, but since Vista, its name is now Windows Mobile Device Center. If the warning message pops up, choose "Cancel" and the installation will continue normally.
- Depending on how old your install disk is you may need to download the most recent Service Pack for V6 from the consumer web site. If you did not encounter the above warning you will not need to install the service packs.
Service Packs and Updates
All updates V6 software can be found here:
NOTE: Whenever installing service packs or updates, do NOT have your dongle connected unless prompted to do so.