If you have a new computer or had to wipe your old computer due to OS issues, you may have to reinstall your DesignWorks software suite.
Note: This article assumes you already had DesignWorks installed and operating on another computer, and had used the activation codes to update the dongle (security key).
Steps for Reinstalling DesignWorks
- Restart the computer and allow it to come back up fully
- Turn off your firewall, Windows Defender, and any antivirus software that is running
- Download the newest version of DesignWorks (V7571) from our consumer web site: http://cdn.bernina.com/download/BERNINA_DesignWorks/BERNINA_DesignWorks_7571.zip
- Unzip/extract the downloaded folder
- Open the folder and right-click on the .exe file, select Run As Administrator.
- If the installation asks you to enter access codes, bypass this step (the codes are one-time use and have already been activated on your dongle)
- Once the installation is complete, insert the dongle into a powered port on the computer (not into a hub)
- Reboot the computer and allow it to come back up fully
- Open DesignWorks software and enjoy!