If you have CutWork V1 and want to go to DesignWorks CutWork only:
- Purchase the CutWork Update Code Card from your local authorized BERNINA Dealer
If you have CutWork V1 and want to go to DesignWorks CutWork plus Paintwork and/or Crystalwork:
- Purchase the PaintWork and/or CrystalWork Code Card (CutWork will be updated automatically during the process of installing either PaintWork and/or CutWork)
Please note: You do NOT need to purchase a new DesignWorks dongle. DesignWorks activation will be done on your original CutWork V1 dongle.
DesignWorks Installation Upgrade Instructions/Steps:
- Reboot your computer and allow it to come back up fully.
- Make sure your computer has an active internet connection.
- Turn off all anti-virus software running on the computer, including Windows Defender and Firewall.
- Download the latest DesignWorks software (V7571) software from our consumer web site:
- Save the .zip file in your Downloads folder or on your desktop
- Right click on the .zip file and select Extract All
- Inside the extracted folder, you will find an .exe file
- Right-click the .exe file and select Run As Administrator
- Follow all installation prompts, including when to insert the USB dongle (the dongle must be inserted on a powered USB port directly on the computer and not a hub)
- When asked, input the activation code(s) that you have purchased
- The installation will tell you that the code was accepted (or not)
- When the installation is complete, reboot your computer (leave the dongle in the computer)
- Allow the computer to completely boot up, then open the DesignWorks software