On Monday, May 2, AVG released an update to their anti-virus software which now causes a Debugger Detected (E0030) error message when a consumer tries to open their V7 software.
To avoid this error, the consumer can remove AVG and use the built-in Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender. Another option would be to add an Exception in AVG to allow the V7 program to operate without scanning.
- Open the AVG program
- From the Options menu, select Advanced Settings
- In the left pane, select Exceptions
- In the right pane, click Add Exception
- In the drop down menu for Exception Type, choose Folder
- Click Browse
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\BERNINA\Embroidery Software 7 (if you installed V7 in the default folder)
- Select the folder above and click OK to save the details of the exception
- Click OK again to save the settings
- You may have to reinsert your dongle and/or restart the computer for the program to recognize the changes