On Monday, May 2, AVG released an update to their anti-virus software which now causes a Debugger Detected (E0030) error message when a consumer tries to open their V7 or V8 software.
To avoid this error, the consumer can remove AVG and use the built-in Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender. Another option would be to add an Exception in AVG to allow the V7 program to operate without scanning.
- Open the AVG program
- From the Options menu, select Advanced Settings
- In the left pane, select Exceptions
- In the right pane, click Add Exception
- In the drop down menu for Exception Type, choose Folder
- Click Browse
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\BERNINA\Embroidery Software 7 (if you installed V7 in the default folder)
- Select the folder above and click OK to save the details of the exception
- Click OK again to save the settings
- You may have to reinsert your dongle and/or restart the computer for the program to recognize the changes
On October 3, 2016 Avast completed the acquisition of AVG and are now working as one. They continue to use the update that was released last May and if you get the Debugger Detected (E0030) error message you should follow the instructions above or uninstall it and use a different antivirus software.